Sunday, July 19, 2009

A little late.....

I realize that I haven't posted in a couple of weeks, but we've been pretty busy around here. We had VBC at our church all last week (and I will post a couple of pics of that later). Anyway, Russell and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary last Friday, July 10! In some ways, it seems impossible that it has already been 10 years, then at times our wedding day seems sooo long ago. We had already celebrated by going on a cruise back in April, so we kept it simple by going out to dinner at Olive Garden (which is where he proposed because that was our favorite restaurant when we were dating - hilarious!) Then the next day we went to Six-Flags by ourselves (two kids at heart!) We had a blast just spending some time together and really enjoyed our little date night. I posted our lovely engagement picture so you could see why we were so attracted to one another - LOL! I was 19 years old and he was 22 when we got married. We look like we were about 12 in this picture!


I'm truly thankful God blessed me with a wonderful husband. I was lying awake during the night (thanks to my children who have not been sleeping well at all lately!) and thinking about how proud I am of Russell. In the last year, he has received his local ministerial licence from UPC. He was awarded Salesman of the Year for last year at his job, Frito-Lay. He started back to college, AIU online university, and is expected to receive his associates degree in business November of this year. He does the lawn maintenance at our church for a side job, which helps us financially, so I am able to stay home with Dylan and Maddox. We work together in children's and youth ministry at our church. He is an unbelievable father, a hard worker and provider for our family. With all the daddy/husband bashing in our society today, I want people to know I am proud of Russell and love him so very much!







2 comments:

Heather said...

How awesome. Yes, God is good and he has blessed you with a wonderful family. I love the picture of a step back in time, too cute! Oh yes, the days of hot sticks...thank goodness styles DO change!

Danille said...

Cheri, I remember when you and Russell got engaged! (Well, I remember when you MET! lol) Such special memories of special times! You have a beautiful family that you have every right to be proud of! I didn't realize that Russell had so much going on!...KUDOS to him!! That's awesome to hear how he is not only accomplishing so much, but is doing it with recognition! And he's definitely blessed with an awesome wife!
This was a great post! I enjoyed reading it! :-)