Friday, February 6, 2009

Measuring God's Love

This post is actually not anything about my boys and no pictures to share! Hope your not too disappointed!! Just wanted to share a pretty cool experience and a "first" for me. Our church school, Atlanta West Christian Academy, has chapel once a month. They usually have someone come in and speak a short message to the kids, sing songs, etc. (Sort of a mini service) This month, they asked ME to speak! I know, I know - I thought they were just kidding at first! Actually, I thought they were calling to ask Russell but nope, they asked me. My first thought was "No way, not gonna do it!" but then I thought, "No, I can do this". Over the last few years I have really come a long ways in the boldness department. I used to be pretty shy, but now those that know me - not so much anymore! I can talk your ears off!! :) But I still have this fear of talking in front of people. But lately, I've been feeling like I can do more than I do now, especially for God. Maybe, because our Pastor kicked off the new year with the theme "Wide Open". So, I spoke this morning at chapel! I lost a whole night's sleep for a 5-8 minute message, but I did it!! And it was surprisingly fulfilling, it felt really good after I finished. I spoke on measuring God's love. They were going with the Valentine's theme and wanted me to speak on God's love.

Anyway, just wanted to share my experience with you! Don't be surprised when you see my name on the program in a couple of years to speak at National Ladies Conference!! LOL! Totally a JOKE!! :) Also, just an encouragement to step out of your comfort zone every once in a while, and try something you have never done before. You might be surprised at the things you will enjoy that you never thought you would!!

That's all for now! Enjoy your day! Live your life WIDE OPEN for God!!

3 comments:

Heather said...

That is so swesome. I am so proud of you. Wow, talk about being a super woman..you got it chic! God's love is an easy topic. I could spend hours just on his love for children. How special!

Jennifer said...

You go girl! I am proud of you, you are such a sweet person and you relate so well with our kids at AWPC! We are so blessed to have such a wonderful spiritual leader influencing our young children and honestly I couldn't think of anyone else better for the job! Love you Cherie!

Cheri said...

Wow! Thanks for the super sweet comments. I really wasn't trying to get a pat on the back! But I'll take one! LOL!

Just wanted to encourage others to take a step out of the comfort zone - feels good to do something you wouldn't ordinarily do!

Russell and I consider it a privilege and an honor to work with the kids at AWPC. Love every minute of it!!!