Monday, August 24, 2009

We're back home....with LOTS of pictures!

So, we just got home on Saturday night from a whole week at the beach. We had so much fun, just relaxing and spending some much needed time with each other. Russell's parents and two of his nieces, Chelsea and Megan, joined us for the 1st part of the week. We had SO much fun hanging out with them! Then from Wednesday to Saturday it was just us four. Of course, I have a picture overload, as I like to call my blog. We went to Santa Rosa Beach, Florida. It is just outside of Destin. Very pretty, but we had to walk LOTS of stairs up and down to the beach. But overall, very nice beach and we liked the beach house (that is what Dylan called it).


Maddox wasn't so sure of the beach. He didn't like that his feet sucked down in the sand each time a wave came through. But he got used to it pretty quick and had a great time....

This is a picture of Russell's dad & mom with the grandkids.


One of the only real smiles Dylan gave me while taking pictures. This was taken while playing putt-putt golf. He's such a cutie!


Daddy and his boys...Dylan and Maddox have on the beach outfits that my friend, Dana Fain, made for them. I thought they were adorable!!



Mommy and her lil' angels!



Enjoying the sunset....



Finally got a good one, not punching each other...lol!



The next few pics were of our last night. We went walking around Seaside (a little town nearby) lots of little shops and restaurants along the beach. We had so much fun. We ate at Bud & Ally's, we sat outside on the deck beside the beach - it was great - live band, the boys LOVED it!


He was totally excited about his shirt having a "D" on it!


Brotherly Love












3 comments:

Heather said...

So, So cute! WOW, it looks like exeryone enjoyed themselves. I'll have to agree with Dylan, I', lovin' the "D" shirt too! Oh, the beach is always a great plce to getaway. I am glad you had fun in the sun together with family. That's what it's all about :) See you guys Saturday!

Christi said...

Sweet!! Dylan is looking soooooo like you!!! It's crazy!!!

Danille said...

GREAT pictures!! I love them...you have the cutest little darlings, and they are always dressed SO cute! :-) It looks like you had a very relaxing time with the entire family. Aren't family vacations just the BEST?!! And Santa Rosa Beach is our very fave place to go! We went this past summer with my parents, my sis and her family, and my grandfather. We stayed in a nice house that was across the street from the beach (since you know the area..it was around the corner from the Publix, where the road forks off. LOL, LOVE that small little town!) Your pictures and post made me want to go back! I very glad that you enjoyed your trip and got the "picture overload" as a memento and everlasting souvenir! :-)